Saturday, April 26, 2008

welcome to my world

Greetings,

A friend of mine and I were having a conversation a few days ago; and as we moved from discussing gaming, to anime, to sci-fi, he brought up a valid question. " Rob, I mean I like Star Wars, but you LOVE it. What's the facination?" I thought about it for a moment, but I came down to the realization that aside from the story, characters, and visual effects, it's the connections it helped me form. Growing up in the seventies and eighties, the overwhelming effect Star Wars had on my generation is hard to explain. I distinctly remember that when I was in sixth grade back in '83, my junior high school actually called school off at lunch because they knew that nearly everyone was going to call in sick to see the first showing of Return of the Jedi.

I sincerely doubt that the world will ever see a phenomenon like that again. Sure there's been Pokemon, Harry Potter, and countless other "next big things", but they come out with such frequency that die-hard fans are hard to find.

So to all my fellow fans, hello and welcome. If you are looking for financial or health information, you'll find none of that here, just my random musings on the future of my favorite movie (and soon to be TV) franchise, anime, comics and gaming. Thanks for visiting, and may the force be with you....

No comments: